December 26th, 2012
The ADT has collated input from a range of stakeholders in the UK into this comprehensive report, giving key recommendations on how to make administrative available for research. These include:
- An Administrative Data Research Centre (ADRC) should be established in each of the four countries in the UK
- Legislation should be enacted to facilitate research access to administrative data and to allow data linkage between departments to take place more efficiently
- A single UK-wide researcher accreditation process, built on national and international best practice should be established
- A strategy for engaging with the public should be instituted
- Sufficient funds should be put in place to support improved research access to and linkage between administrative data
While this promotes further awareness and utilisation of administrative data in the UK, its emphasis is on administrative data for research purposes. geocreate can advise on the use of administrative data to inform planning and intelligence for local authorities.